It’s been a long road to have these manufactured the right way but in the end our efforts got rewarded big time! I have been keeping you updated on the process and how I had to reject the first production run of these. But the manufacturer (USA made) understood my complaints and reworked the molds and process and the result is no more than stunning. I decided on manufacturing the two most popular of the three versions and will thus be able to supply most of the Isos who need one.
They are perfectly factory correct in every detail and will complete any restoration. We made sure the gold and silver have the correct tone and shine while making sure the whole unit has an even better UV-stability than the originals. Because Isos own horn button production shows some dimensional tolerances I also had a limited amount of horn button beds made – just in case there is any doubt these buttons will fit your car. However, in 99% of all cases they will fit and they only need replaced when yours is broken or worn out.
I will try to get them up on my site as soon as I can so some of these can be used as a unique Christmas present. Thank you everybody involved in this project – another journey with a great ending!
News from Iso Central…
Now Monterey is just 10 weeks away I came to realize how many projects I’m working on at the same time. I don’t have/take the time to take pictures to post but here is an overview of the Iso/Bizzarrini interiors that are still out. And that doesn’t include the 2 Rivolta GT’s and one early Fidia I’m working on: one A3/C for paint; one for sheet metal; two Iso Grifo’s still have the suspension and motor and transmission out and one Fidia is now 7 months late for upholstery…
Nervous yet??? 😎
Maybe someone can determine what cars these consoles go to?
As many of you already heard I have decided to reproduce the (rarer-than-hens-teeth) horn buttons for Iso Rivolta cars. To keep the production as efficient as possible we chose to use two of the most often used designs. This is the early “Horseshoe” design and the “Griffon” which is used on several models including Grifo. I decided to also have the underlying bed reproduced as they are often cracked or worn. For this I provided the very best examples I had collected through the years for each style and after several quality checks in December 2017 the complete batch was cast. Their fit was perfect and I was happy to tell them to go ahead with the coloring.
The coloring is a three step project, it involves gold metallic, gloss black and chrome – in three separate steps. This week I received the first sample that used the gold color we need in the correct hue and shine! This was a big step forward. We will now focus on the masking for the chroming process. I’m excited and hope to update you soon on any further progress!!